Sunday, April 26, 2020

Week 89: Meeting Extravaganza

 What a week! This week has been a very eventful week to say the least, a lot of things went down and a lot of other things to come! Let's get into it!

Monday we just had a normal P-Day and all that good things. After P-Day we did a Spiritual Video and that was about it.

Tuesday we went down to Camden and jumped into the Mission-Wide Conference Call and that was pretty good overall! After that we left back up to Arkadelphia and did our studies and got things ready for our Come, Follow Me Class online and we had a really good call with people! Then we ended the day from there.

Wednesday we had District Council here in Arkadelphia where President Hansen hopped into the council via Zoom and he enjoyed it a lot! It was a good Council and I was glad it went well. After he did interviews over Zoom and that was good as always. Then me and Elder Nelson started exchanges here in Arkadelphia and we did some things before we went back to the Church to have a lesson online. We also then got in contact with someone else in the process so that was awesome. And then he did my haircut! So that was pretty cool as well. Then we came in for the night.

Thursday we did our personal study and did a few things at the Church and then we came back for lunch and then back to the Church to do some final things before we drove to Prescott to end exchanges. Then we drove back to the apartment for some final things (like almost making a jelly and jelly sandwich, that was a story) before having our Come, Follow Me Study Class. After the class we had a Zone Zoom Call and then we came home for the night.

Friday we had our Mission-Wide Conference Call in Arkadelphia and that was pretty good. Then afterwards we set a few things up in preparation for General Conference. Then we talked to our parents for a little and that was good. Then we had dinner and came back and had a lesson with someone online and it was a very good discussion. Then we came home and finished the night.

Saturday was our glorious General Conference and I loved every session on Saturday! I learned a lot and we had a lot of good impressions as we watched! That was overall what we did on Saturday.

Sunday was pretty much the same thing. But after the final session I had back to back to back call ins I had to do, which they were good as well. And that was about it!

I want share what I posted on Facebook (I'm sorry if you saw it already, if not, check it out!)

As we just finished the April 2020 General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I've have felt so much gratitude for the truthfulness of the Gospel that I have gained a testimony of throughout the years. This is probably one of the most powerful Conferences I have been apart of and I am eternally grateful that I have been able to witness it.

Two of my favorite elements that were talked about in these sessions was the great emphasis on how we can better #HearHim and how we can draw power from that, and the second is about the power in progression and the eternal perspective from it. As I have been serving for 20 months, I have grown a lot in many different ways. I've been able to become something better, something bigger, something stronger, and even something more vulnerable.

Now you may wonder why I say vulnerable, let me explain. There is a quote from one of my favorite games called Kingdom Hearts that I am reminded of. It says, "The closer you get to the light, the stronger your shadows become." As I have been losing myself in the work of the Lord and striving to be a better servant of Him daily, I have learned a lot of weaknesses about myself. But I am grateful and have a testimony of the Saviors infinite Atonement and how drawing power from that can help me progress and become better each and every day. And I will slip up and make mistakes, but I know that my mistakes do not define me, no matter what Satan tells me. I know that I am a Child of God with Divine potential, and that I can always be better as I turn to the Savior in all things.

I know and testify of the Saviors love, and I know of a certainty that this is His Church here upon the Earth. God lives, and Jesus is the Christ. The Book of Mormon is true, and I cannot be told otherwise. And I am thankful for each of you and your support you give me, even in my difficult times. I testify of these things, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen!

May God be with you all, and know that I am here. I love you all!

Elder Braxton Hotton


Attachments:
-My new Profile pic
-Tag Photo 
-Me today
-Exchanges
 





No comments:

Post a Comment