Monday, May 4, 2020

Week 93: Game Over...

Loading.....
Mission Report:
-Served a Full Mission.... Completed
-Had amazing experiences..... Confirmed
-Grown Physically/Emotionally/Spiritually... Confirmed
-Did all I can to serve the Lord... Confirmed
Overall Score: 100%

Well.. I don't know how to start this weekly, except that my time is now coming to a close. It's been an amazing 21 months that I've been able to serve. Let's go into what this last week had in store for me!

Monday we had a pretty awesome day. We got a referral earlier that morning and was able to set up a time for that. And then we also started teaching someone from South Africa who is super cool as we are trying to get a hold of missionaries that could possibly be where he's at! Who knew that we would be doing that! And that's about it.

Tuesday we had our Mission Conference and my last District Council here in Arkadelphia. The District wanted to do a funeral and so we did and it was just interesting to say the least. It was fun. After that me and Elder Roberts had a lesson with the referral and it was really good. She's pretty awesome. Afterwards we had to confirm a few things with the District and then later on we had our Branch Come, Follow Me and it was pretty good! Then we ended the day there.

Wednesday was a good day. We had a lesson with our South African friend and we taught him the Plan of Salvation. After that and getting lunch we got things ready and we had 2 lessons with people. They were both pretty good overall. Afterwards we had dinner and did a few things for the rest of the day.

Thursday we had another lesson with our South African friend and we talked about the Restoration and the Book of Momron. He really enjoyed it a lot. Then we had lunch and then got things ready for another lesson which sadly ended up having to fall through. We did a few other online things/contacting and then we had dinner and our Come, Follow Me study with the Branch. Well.. we were supposed to but sadly no one showed up except our Branch President. So we ended up talking about a lot of cool things and mission experiences. After that we came in for the night.

Friday we were supposed to have another lesson with our friend but something was going on with his phone. We then drove down to Hope and had our Mission Conference where I ended giving my testimony to the entire mission which was really cool. Then we got lunch with the Elders and the Zone Leaders and after that me and Elder Roberts had a lesson that had some technology struggles but it was decent. Then after that we drove back to Arkadelphia and did our Personal Study and then had a lesson with someone we are working with and it was really good. Then we had dinner and that's it.

Saturday our South African friend was having phone struggles so we couldn't have another lesson. And after lunch we were supposed to have another lesson but that fell through sadly. Then we got things ready for our Facebook Live that we did and that went pretty well. Had a lot of good questions to answer. After that we started Weekly Planning and ordered Pizza. And we finished both of those and then we had a Zone Call, after that Call Ins with Camden, and then after that Call Ins with Hope. And we found out that transfer news would be released on Sunday.

Sunday was Fast Sunday and my final Sunday in the Mission...wow.. that's weird. We had our Branch Call where I actually gave a little Mission Overview talk and that was really good. After the call we left for Camden and had Sacrament Meeting and had some testimonies as well which was amazing. Then we drove back home and did a Sweet Hour of Prayer and ended our fast. We had dinner and some other studies and we had Call Ins with the Zone Leaders. After that we got Transfer News (well.. Elder Roberts did) and he found out he was staying another 6 weeks in Arkadelphia making it 10.5 months in Arkadelphia in June. He will also be companions with a reassigned missionary which is also exciting. And that's about it.

It's weird that this is my last weekly, but I know it had to end at one point. My experiences, miracles, struggles, are all something that I'm grateful for, because I've grown. And I echo the words that Paul said to Timothy.... "For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.... I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:" (2 Timothy 4:6-7). My time has ended wearing the badge, but my time growing is still in the works. And I'm excited to see what I have ahead in my life. I love each of you so much. I hope each of you have a good rest of your week!

May God be with you all, and I will be with you soon. I love you all!

Elder Braxton Hotton

Attachments:
-Tag Photo
-My funeral



No comments:

Post a Comment